Reports to Manager of Book Operations; CEO
Summary/Objective: The technical editor position works as a resource specialist in writing, cataloging and maintaining of business and technical publications, specifically the eBooks. This person edits, and potentially writes, elements of the eBooks and other publications, including biographies, summaries, briefs, press releases, reviews, testimonials and related materials.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Organizes and edits eBook and related materials using word processing software per established corporate standards with respect to order, style, terminology and sequencing.
2. Reviews publications and recommends revisions or changes in approaches, scope, format, test, methods of production and dissemination. Maintains corporate standards for publications.
3. Consults with eBook team leads and subject-matter experts to ensure common understanding of the eBooks and related materials to be produced.
4. Develops cataloging systems and maintains records, files, electronic media and archiving of information for publications in a business unit for corporate references (Trello).
5. Selects or recommends use of layouts, graphics, drawings, tables, exhibits, illustrations, charts, or storyboards to amplify or clarify publications objectives.
6. Periodically audits and reviews eBooks and other materials to determine whether format or content changes/updates are required. Meets with subject-matter experts for concurrence as to content changes.
7. Remains current on new developments in technical writing, editing and publishing, including technological enhancements that may affect the corporation.
1. Communication Proficiency
2. Ability to work well within a self-directed work team
3. Decision Making/Accountability
6. Problem Solving/Analysis
7. Time Management
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional, virtual (home office) environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, internet and phones.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday.
Travel: Limited to no travel expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience:
1. Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, publications or a technical field.
2. Three years’ writing/editing experience in a professional writing position.
3. Must also possess competency in basic software such as Microsoft Office.
Preferred Education and Experience:
1. Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, journalism or related
2. Proficiency with editing technical content
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Contact Information: For application and more information please send resume and cover letter to the Manager of Book Operations Emmy Ross, firstname.lastname@example.org