Most Downloaded Articles from the SMTA Knowledge Base
This list of articles contains the most searched and downloaded articles from the SMTA Knowledge Base during 2016. SMTA members have unlimited access to download these papers. You can become a member for just $75.1. Voids in Solder Joints
Raiyo F. Aspandiar, Intel Corporation
2. Via-In-Pad Plated Over (VIPPO) Design Considerations for Enterprise Server and Storage Hardware
Matt Kelly, Mark Jeanson, Timothy Younger, Jim Bielick, Theron Lewis, and Mitch Ferrill, IBM Corporation
3. The Impact of Improper Conformal Coating Processes on BGA Solder Joint Integrity
Ross Wilcoxon, Dave Hillman, Doug Pauls, and Dan White, Rockwell Collins
4. The Effects of Phosphorus in Lead-Free Solders
Keith Sweatman, Takatoshi Nishimura and Takuro Fukami, Nihon Superior Co., Ltd
5. Stencil and Solder Paste Inspection Evaluation for Miniaturized SMT Components
Robert Farrell, Benchmark Electronics and Chrys Shea, Shea Engineering Services
6. BGA Solder Joint Integrity: A Case Study
Dave Hillman and Ross Wilcoxon, Rockwell Collins
7. Reactivity of No-Clean Flux Residues in Electronic Assemblies: A Systematic Study
Bruno Tolla, Ph.D., Denis Jean, Hemal Bhavsar, Yanrong Shi, Ph.D., Xiang Wei, Ph.D., Kester Inc.
8. Influence of Microalloying Elements on Reliability of SnAgCu Solder Joints
Babak Arfaei, Francis Mutuku, Richard Coyle, Eric Cotts
Universal Instruments Corporation, Binghamton University, and Alcatel-Lucent
9. The Risk and Solution for No-Clean Flux Not Fully Dried under Component Terminations
Fen Chen and Ning Cheng Lee, Ph.D., Indium Corporation
10. Bottom Termination Component Land Pattern Design and Assembly For High Reliability Electronic Systems
Scott Nelson, Harris Corporation
11. Sulfur Corrosion of Printed Circuit Board Surface Finishes in Three Different Sulfur-Rich Environments
Matthew D. Weeks, Ph.D., David J. Zueck, Western Digital Technologies, Inc.
12. Effect of PCB Surface Finishes on Lead-Free Solder Joint Reliability
Xu Zheng, et al., Kaifa Technology Co., Ltd.
13. In House Dross Recovery- Do You Know What You Are Putting Back in Your Solder Bath?
Mitch Holtzer and Jason Fullerton, Alpha
14. High Efficient Heat Dissipation on Printed Circuit Boards
Markus Wille, Schoeller-Electronics GmbH
15. Partially-Activated Flux Residue Influence on Surface Insulation Resistance of Electronic Assembly
Xiang Wei, Ph.D., Kyle Loomis, Jennifer Allen, Bruno Tolla, Ph.D., Kester Inc.
16. Effect of Reflow Time on Wetting Behaviour, Interfacial Reaction and Shear Strength of Sn-0.3Ag-0.7Cu Solder/Cu Joint
Mrunali Sona and K. Narayan Prabhu, National Institute of Technology Karnataka Surathkal
17. Harsh Environment Reliability of Micro-Leadframe (QFN) Components and Conformal Coating Effects
Jim Wilcox, Michael Meilunas, and Martin Anselm, Universal Instruments Corporation and Rochester Institute of Technology
18. Strategic Environmental Research and Development Program (SERDP) Tin Whisker Testing and Modeling: Thermal Cycling Testing
Stephan J. Meschter, Polina Snugovsky, Jeffery Kennedy, Zohreh Bagheri, and Eva Kosiba, BAE Systems and Celestica Inc.
19. Estimating the Lifetime of Electrolytic Capacitors
M. Simard-Normandin and C. Banks, MuAnalysis Inc.
20. Characterization of Conformal Coatings
Prabjit Singh, IBM Corporation