Do you want to help ensure SMTA technical programs continue to offer the high quality technical information for which SMTA is known? Then you should join the SMTA Technical Committee. If you have comments, suggestions, or would like to join the committee, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The SMTA Technical Committee is a network of professionals who help the organization build skills, share practical experience and develop solutions by assisting the organization in bringing educational opportunities to its members and industry professionals.
The time commitment for participation in the SMTA Technical Committee is minimal. We meet yearly at the SMTA International Conference and then again in the spring through a webinar. During these meetings, you will have the opportunity to actively participate in a discussion on the direction of our educational opportunities. You will also hear from the SMTA educational department throughout the year on specific issues relating to our programming.
Many of the SMTA Technical Committee members also participate on subcommittees for specific conferences. Please take a look at our calendar of education events to see if you would be interested in a specific conference. Then contact email@example.com for more information.
- To organize and conduct technical programs as approved by the SMTA Board of Directors
- To continuously improve the quality of the technical programs of the SMTA
- To insure an adequate supply of high-quality papers for SMTA conferences
- To identify emerging technologies in order to recommend and implement technical programs (including conferences and publications) reflective of and responsive to industry needs
- A member in good standing of the SMTA
- Demonstrated technical competency in area of expertise corresponding to the subcommittee you serve on
- Established network of industry peers
- Desire to improve the caliber and quality of professional and technical information exchanged within the SMTA and the industry
- When possible, the ability to solicit and review 2-3 abstracts on an annual basis which could be used for an SMTA conference
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
Committee Member Responsibilities
- Assist SMTA headquarters with educational programming schedule by suggesting important topics and potential speakers
- Participate in two meetings yearly (optional based on members' availability) - one webinar in spring; one meeting at SMTA International Conference
- Assist SMTA education department throughout year on questions related to educational programming (speaker searches, topic selection, event promotion, etc...)
- Help recruit speakers and instructors for upcoming conferences.