How to Start A Student Chapter at Your School
New Student Chapters may be established at any post secondary school with programs that support surface mount technology, microelectronics, electronics packaging, assembly, or related industries.
It’s easy to start an SMTA Student Chapter on your campus:
1. Submit a Student Chapter Application Form.
2. Find a faculty advisor (must be SMTA member).
3. Recruit a minimum of 5 students (must be SMTA members) for a Formation Committee.
4. Hold three meetings a year (ex: facility tour, technical speaker, a joint event with a local SMTA Chapter).
5. Submit an Annual Report & Financial Form by June 30 to receive a $100USD activity grant.
A Student Membership is just $20.00USD
These are the documents you need
Questions? Contact:Matt Bourgeois
SMTA Strategic Engagement Manager