Ryerson University Student ChapterToronto, M5B 2K3 Canada
Expos | Job Resources | Educational Grant | Students Only
November 22 Meeting: Introduction to Forensic Engineering
SMTA Ryerson student chapter presents:
Introduction to Forensic Engineering
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND:
This seminar will investigate the field of Forensic Engineering and how it is applied to real world problem analysis in the Public and Private Sector. This is a limited opportunity to ask Forensic Engineer with 15 Years of experience questions about forensic engineering and the industry landscape. The key topics of interest will include:
· What is a Forensic Investigation?
· What’s the difference between Forensic Engineering and Failure Analysis?
· What is an “Engineer’s Duty to Report”
· Why “Jacks-Of-All-Trades” and “Hired Guns” are bad for Forensic Engineering
· What is the role of Expert Witnesses in Forensic Investigations?
· What are the benefits to society that arise from forensic engineering?
· Real world Forensic Engineering case studies
· Ron Koerth, B.A.SC., M.B.A., P.Eng: Ron is the co-founder of -30- Forensic Engineering with more than 15 yrs of experience in this field.
· Jason Keeping P. Eng.: Jason is a project manager at Celestica Inc., Ruggedized Electronics Sector and is also the president of SMTA at Toronto Chapter!
This event is free;
(though, there are limited seats available.)
November 22, 2016 (Tuesday)
POD 372 (Podium Building, 350 Victoria Street http://ryerson.ca/maps/)
SMTA meeting among UoT and Ryerson
The SMTA Student Chapter at Ryerson university is pleased to invite you to the upcoming SMTA meeting among UoT and Ryerson On Thursday March 24h, from 10:00 am until 12:00 pm.
Who should attend?
If you are looking to:
- Improve your knowledge
- Increase your network
- Save money
- Advance your career
You are the right candidate!
· SMTA Leadership Forum
· SMTA talk/seminar early next school year
· Plant tours for the upcoming year
· How to attract students to attend our events
· Volunteer work for the upcoming Toronto Chapter meeting and the ICSR
Eric Palin Hall
87 Gerrard Street East
Plan your morning! There is no cost for attending this meeting!
Learn about what SMTA Membership can do for YOU – Find internships, apply for jobs, apply for educational grants Here: smta.org/membership/
If you have any questions; please do not hesitate to contact me at Vahid.Hadavi@ryerson.ca
Here is the link to some photos of this event:
SMTA Kick off Meeting in Ryerson
Ryerson University hosted Mr. Jason Keeping (President of the local SMTA chapters) who is also the Project Manager at Ruggedized Electronics Sector, for the kick off meeting, which was held on 11.Feb.2016 at EPH314 from 11:00 am up to 1:00 pm.
Here are some links to the photos of this event:
|Date / Time||Event||Location||Phone||Contact/Email|
March 24, 2016
|SMTA meeting among UoT and Ryerson||87 Gerrard Street East (EPH 314)||6476481982||
Vahid Hadavi (Ryerson University)
Phone : 647-648-1982
Farbod Ahmadzadeh (Ryerson Univeristy)
Phone : 647-865-5351
Chapter Advisor :
Hua Lu Ph.D. (Ryerson University)
Phone : 416-979-5000
VP of Education :
Ata Taghipour (Ryerson University)
Phone : 416-270-2360
Event Officer :
Parisa Naraei (Ryerson University)
Phone : 647-770-1367
Board Liaison :
Matt Kelly (IBM Corporation)
Phone Contact : 905-316-5242